Congratulations to the 2022 RTDNAC Scholarship Winners
The Radio Television Digital News Association of the Carolinas (RTDNAC) has announced its 2022 scholarship competition. RTDNAC annually awards two $1500 scholarships in February to two currently enrolled rising juniors or seniors who are pursuing a major course of study with emphasis in broadcast and/or digital journalism.
A $1500 scholarship will be awarded to a qualified student attending a college or university in North Carolina. Another $1500 scholarship will be awarded to a qualified student enrolled in a college or university in South Carolina.
The scholarships are made possible by Capitol Broadcasting Company/WRAL andHearst Television Inc./WYFF 4 and the RTDNAC Board of Directors.
Any interested student who meets the qualifications should note that no formal application form is required. However, each of these points must be fulfilled for consideration of a student’s application:
- Name and year in school
- Home and school addresses and phone numbers
- College major
- College honors, offices and activities
- High school attended and any honors, offices and activities
- Any other accomplishments, experiences or information the applicant would like to provide
- A statement (one-page minimum) describing how the scholarship would contribute to the applicant’s future career goals
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of at least two references Recommendation letters from each of the references should be sent directly to the scholarship chairman
- A certified copy of the applicant’s latest transcript
All materials may be emailed. Hard copies sent via USPS are still acceptable. Students should check with the Registrar’s or Records offices to see if transcripts may be emailed, or if the record must be mailed as a hard copy and allow time for delivery.
Applications must be received no later than March 16, 2022.
Applications should be sent to:
Pete Poore, RTDNAC Scholarship Chairman
SCDOT Office of Communications
955 Park St., P.O. Box 191
Columbia SC 29202